This post, is for the love of lists.
I have a love affair with lists – I’ve been known to add items to my lists that I’ve already accomplished just so I can cross them off. I’ve been known to photograph my lists and put them on Facebook. I’ve been know to make lists of things I need to list. Dan makes fun of me because if ever I’m telling him a story, I list synonyms.
Kate: ”It was so sad. I mean it was tragic, crushing. It felt painful…”
Dan: “Kate, you’re doing it again.”
And here you find my blog’s very first list! Its a christening of sorts, an initiation, a rite of passage, a benchmark, a ground-breaking, a ribbon-cutting….
Books that Changed my Life (in no particular order)
- The Bible (I’m an NIV fan, myself)
- The Complete Green Letters, by Miles J. Stanford
- Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
- Revolution in World Missions, by K.P. Yohannan
- The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom
- His Needs, Her Needs, by Willard F. Harley
- Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott
- Cold Tangerines, by Shauna Niequist
- Apartment Therapy, by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan (Yes it IS about design…)
- Hinds Feet on High Places, by Hannah Hurnard
Props to Anne Lamott on occupying 20% of this list.
And the list for honorable mention: (Which, since these are in no particular order, just means I couldn’t pick 10)
- Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
- The Holiness of God, by R.C. Sproul
- Miracles, by C.S. Lewis
Obviously I tend to be a non-fiction kind of person – but it should be said that The Awakening, Hamlet, What is the What, and The Kite Runner are STELLAR and you should read them right away if you haven’t already.
Cheers to reading! And for the record, any post involving a list – is an invitation for you to comment with YOUR lists. So go and do likewise!